Special Products & Manufacturing, Inc.
Rockwall Technology Park – A Case Study in Success – Special Products & Manufacturing
The City of Rockwall and the Rockwall Economic Development Corporation (REDC) is proud of our 365 acre Rockwall Technology Park, located on 549, ½ mile south of Interstate 30. The Technology Park is home to 13 businesses including REDC corporate offices and Texas A&M Commerce – Rockwall. Special Products and Manufacturing (SPM) was one of the first businesses. They occupy and operate a 140,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility in the Park. SPM is a contract manufacturer specializing in electro-mechanical assembly, precision metal fabrication, machining, welding and powder coating.
Where we are and where you should be.
Rockwall's strategic location is just 20 minutes east of Dallas, Texas in Rockwall County. Rockwall's residents are within minutes of the "big city" but still get to experience the small town feel and second to none quality of life for their family. More
Welcome to Rockwall, TX
Rockwall Economic Development Corporation
Founded in 1996, The Rockwall Economic Development Corporation (Rockwall EDC) has been the standard bearer of a spirit of collaboration for businesses and organizations looking for a new or expanded home in the Dallas/Fort Worth region of North Texas.
Voted No. 1 in U.S. job creation by CNNMoney.com,
Rockwall continues to provide businesses of all sizes great reason to consider this thriving region of North Texas to place a corporate headquarters, local warehouse or a regional hub. To make this possible, Rockwall EDC works closely with the City of Rockwall to deliver highly competitive and complete relocation incentive packages, locate premium sites for development and provide resource collaboration for businesses in the Rockwall community.
Customized Incentive Packages
Our customized incentive packages are as unique as the businesses that join us. These features, and many more, provide our residents and business owners a highly competitive quality of life. Among the features and attractions provided by the Rockwall EDC are the following:
- Located just 20 miles east of downtown Dallas
- 365-Acre Rockwall Technology Park (will link to Rockwall Technology Park page on website)
- Shovel-ready sites with utilities at the curb
- Fast-track plan review and permitting
- Premiere Park amenities
- Triple freeport exemption
- SONET Ring technology
- Daily Park maintenance and security
- Direct land deals with Rockwall EDC
- Talented pool of educated and skilled workforce
- CC&Rs that protect your investment (i.e., Conditions, Covenants and Restrictions)
- Multiple industries in Rockwall, including technology, manufacturing, medical,
logistics, defense, engineering and construction
- Access to Ralph M. Hall/Rockwall Municipal Airport
- Rockwall ISD, an “Exemplary” TEA-recognized education system
- Easy and accessible transportation
- Luxury and affordable housing
- Abundant shopping from major brands to high-end specialty shops
- The regionally recognized Harbor at Rockwall, off the shores of pristine Lake Ray Hubbard
- The Rockwall Hilton Lakefront Hotel and Conference Center
- Job Recruitment and Training Assistance Provided by Texas A&M Commerce
- Access to more than 2.5 million people within a 30-mile radius of Rockwall
- Low tax rates
- Dynamic infrastructure easily within access of Rockwall Technology Park
- Easy highway accessibility